Title: Maintenance Tech
Location: Grand Rapids
Reports to: Maintenance Manager Position Type: Hourly
General Position Summary:
· Responsible for maintaining and sustaining of all equipment and facilities to meet world class service levels.
· Identifies key issues in sustained production, prioritize and assign resources to improve equipment uptimes.
· Assists Maintenance Manager develop training plans that will improve the Maintenance Technicians individual and group skill sets.
· All Predictive and Preventative Maintenance.
· Ability to fabricate parts when needed.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience will be taken into consideration
· A minimum of 1-3 years experience on a industrial maintenance team.
· Advanced technical knowledge. Possess strong mechanical aptitude.
· Must be proficient in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatics repair and troubleshooting
· Must be able to troubleshoot and repair problems with AC, DC, vector and servo drive systems
· Experience with PLC Maintenance and programming is vital.
· Basic welding and machining skills are helpful.
· Must be able to read, sketch and understand mechanical, piping and electrical drawings.
· Must be able to successfully interact and communicate with others.
· Must be willing to update skill set as needed.
· Experience directly leading a technical team
· A strong verbal and written communication skill is a must along with good interpersonal skills.
· Familiarity of very high volume production environment.
· Able to stand for long periods of time; as much as up to 12 hours.
· Stooping, bending, climb ladders, and able to lift weights of 60 lbs.
· Must be able to operate Powered Industrial Equipment such as forklifts, lathes, mill, welders other various maintenance equipment
· Must be able to operate a variety of power tools.
· This position must be able to work in a wide range of environmental conditions. Use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all required times and follow all safety rules.
· Available to work overtime as needed with short notice. Open to all shifts.
· Able to accurately read a variety of measuring devices.
· The ability to speak and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with the management team.