M&A Research Associate (Intern – 15 hrs./week)
The M&A Research Associate (Intern) is a pivotal part-time role that supports the Business Development and Marketing functions in increasing awareness of our firm and promoting our services to a targeted potential client populations. Join the Optimatum Team, bring your talent, and work in our New York City office located in the Rockefeller Center area.*
*This is an in-person position with a minimum of 15 hrs./week with flexibility to expand, based on availability and business need.
Optimatum Solutions, an Inc 5000 company is a vendor management firm delivering robust solutions in the areas of Employer Sponsored Healthcare, Retirement, HR Systems and M&A/Transitional Services. We develop and execute M&A/harmonization strategies and provide management and oversight to create and capture value for our clients. We are a high performing, entrepreneurial, and customer focused organization. Our culture is one of inclusion, diversity, individuality, and cohesive growth. We encourage ongoing learning and personal development as corporate red tape is not part of our eco-system. We believe that each team member, while they stand on their own merits, brings immense value to the overall success of the company.
The M&A Research Associate supports the Business Development and Marketing teams in researching, synthesizing and packaging market insights related to M&A, Private Equity, Healthcare, etc. The intern will also utilize their research to draft business development and marketing communications to ultimately increase brand awareness and aid in client acquisition. The right candidate should have Microsoft Office proficiency, research capabilities, and strong communication skills (writing and speaking) to support project delivery.
The Optimatum Team is looking for a highly skilled individual including:
- Review, summarize and present insights from industry publications.
- Conduct ongoing research utilizing publicly available sources.
- Present research overviews on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis depending on publication cadence.
- Extract specific data points to be used in marketing emails.
- Draft thought leadership articles based on research.
- Provide general support to the organization.
- Enrolled in a master’s degree/equivalent or higher
- Related professional experience in industry or professional services a plus
- Interest in M&A, PE, Finance, Healthcare preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong ability to research, synthesize and present findings
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple workstreams
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Highly detail oriented
We look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please complete the application to start the process.
To apply visit: www.optimatumsolutions.com/careers
** The expected hourly salary ranges from $30.00 - $38.00. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills, training, experience, education, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and, where applicable, certifications and licenses obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package (for eligible employees), successful candidates may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.