Medical Assistant (MA) - Juvenile Corrections
The Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections (ADJC) is committed to providing the youth under our care and supervision with effective, efficient and high quality rehabilitative and transformative services in support of our vision, mission and values. As a medical assistant, you will help respond to medical needs, provide appropriate care to patients with chronic conditions and care for health issues that may emerge during their stay.
Day shift and night shift are both needed! This is a six-month contract position with the option to extend.
- Assist nursing staff with vital signs, calling and scheduling appointments, preparing paperwork for Youth going off site and charts for intake, sharp counts, vision and hearing tests, cleaning, filing, charting, answering phones and monitoring radio calls.
- Run rapid COVID-19 tests, and facilitate with COVID-19 blitz testing of youth (prep and paperwork).
- Work with Health Unit Transport to bring kids to and from the clinic for physicians and nurses and can assist with Med Pass (as insurance permits).
- Assist nurses on intake day to complete youth intakes quickly.
- Inventory supplies and assisting with orders.
- Organize and stocking new supplies, helping get vital signs and COVID checks on youth upon entering Health Unit and out on the units for those youth in quarantine or in MIU; and assisting with calls for coverage.
- When the MA is working under the Physician/ Provider, phlebotomy will also fall into their scope as well as administration of medications including injectables.
- If nursing shortage is critical for 3rd shift an MA will be able to assist with the following:
- Vital Signs, calling ER to notify of Youth en-route as well as calling On-call doctor and Nursing Administrator.
- Preparing paperwork for EMS services from youth’s chart as needed
- Hand youth pre-labeled meds like albuterol, ibuprofen, and Tylenol, or Benadryl for minor issues
- Answer phones and notify AM nursing of overnight issues all with the support of the Nursing Administrator and On-call provider.
- Certificate of completion from an Accredited Health Care Training Programs as a Medical Assistant.
- Must have a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
For more information, contact Nick Mazur at 602 788-5890 x 110 and send your resume to Nick@apnusa.com
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!