Role You Will Play:
The Lumber Yard Manager reports directly to the Branch Manager and is responsible for managing all Yard and Warehouse employees. Oversees and coordinates activities of workers engaged in loading, unloading, storing, cycle counting, and transferring inventory. Supports distribution and shipping of materials such as Lumber, Building Materials, and Millwork. Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to the team, ensuring that all objectives in terms of safety, quality, and throughput are met successfully on a daily basis. Motivates the team members and assesses their performance. Provides help to management, including training, coaching and disciplining. Keeps management updated on team performance and communicates concerns and policies among management and team members.
An organization focused on providing the professional trade, homeowners, contractors, and architects the best possible building materials and home center shopping experience. Based in CT, with locations throughout the state, this company is dedicated to creating a rewarding career for its 90+ associates.
Benefits & Features:
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k match up to 4%.
- Strong company support/training systems to make sure employees succeed in the field.
- Management that wants you to succeed!
- Affordable cost of living, around the national average.
- Local school systems easily accessible.
- Short drive to many restaurants, beaches, and sporting event venues, zoo, and more!