Communications Engineering Company (CEC) is looking for low-voltage Systems Technician to join our team of hard-working and professional technicians. Our Technicians work on projects related to structured cabling, audiovisual (A/V) systems, surveillance and security systems, and several other low voltage technologies.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing technical skills to support the installation, programming, and training of CEC provided solutions. Including but not limited to Card Access, Audio Video, Security, Fire Alarm, IT, and RF systems.
- Provide a high level of customer communications while simultaneously providing on-site technical expertise.
- Works in conjunction with other electronic system technicians to gain knowledge and insight of all product partner equipment and systems.
- Ensure a high level of quality workmanship, aligning with CEC’s quality standards.
- Ability to travel to customer locations to provide technical expertise.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Full compliance of CEC safety program.
- Strong customer relationships, personally and as a group; assuring the customers ongoing needs and/or issues are being met and/or addressed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year degree, or 2 years of low-voltage experience.
- Must have strong communication skills and general construction or mechanical knowledge.
- Must maintain at least one vendor certification within the industry that pertains to an area of expertise.
- Must be able to work on, or lead small projects with little to know direct supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Low-voltage industry certifications; NICET, BICSI, OSHA, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with low-voltage security or A/V systems, including; CCTV, card access, fire alarm, video surveillance, mass notification, intercom, video conferencing, control systems, digital signage, etc.
- Knowledge of CEC product partner systems, including but not limited to: AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom, Rauland Borg, AMAG, Assa Abloy, Axis, Bosch, EST, Lenel, ASCOM, Motorola, Brocade, Cisco, EMC, Microsoft, Shoretel, VMWare, Sophos, etc.
- PC proficiency (Windows environment).
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment to produce results.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located at customer locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.