Logistics Team Leader (Internal Applicants)
Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Team Leader (Internal Applicants)
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week - Days only.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To safely manage the activities of the logistics team to achieve production output to the required quality and cost.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To ensure a safe working environment is provided and enforce company PPE policy
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out and address/report any HSE concerns through the SQCDP process
- Complete standard work duties relating to HSE responsibilities
- Ensure training matrix is kept current at all times in relation to HSE requirements
- To ensure Goods in operations are carried out by the team in line with agreed output targets and in line with production plan, SOT FOT and DAWC and taking appropriate action for under performance
- Monitor sub-contract parts for receipt and dispatch in a timely manner, cell board performance and ensure timely closing of actions to support progress against planned targets.
- Ensuring stocks are accurate by completing physical inventories and carrying out regular stack takes in line with company plans, reporting any system inaccuracies and carrying out RCCA for any adjustment
- Ensuring stocks are rotated to comply with FIFO and expiry dates where applicable
- Responsible for ensuring parts are sufficiently packaged from transit to a good out/despatch team.
- To deliver agreed quality objectives and ensure all NCR forms are completed fully and submitted to the MRB in the agreed time frame
- Support the MRB process through attendance and participation and drive closure of A3 problem solving activities
- To ensure any supporting training documentation is accurately completed and kept on file
- To manage the performance of a team to ensure they meet their role objectives. Ensure effective annual appraisals are completed
- To increase utilisation of performance by cross training and mentor the team to improve and develop their skills in line with role requirements
- To ensure SQDCP boards have been updated as issues arise and identified problems have appropriate actions detailed
- To ensure the department is suitability staffed to enable delivery (holiday and absence are managed through the correct methods as outlined in the polices)
- To report any personnel issues or concerns to the supervisor to ensure any appropriate action is being taken
- To ensure return to work interviews are carried out in a timely manner where a member of the team has been absent from work
- To support a culture of continuous improvement within the team, promoting CI projects
- Lead and participate in CI/ Lean events within warehouse environment with team members
- Drive improvement opportunities through engagement with the team by the use of project identification during routine GEMBA walks
- Ensure 6S progress is driven in line with a company expectations
- Basic Education
- Minimum of 3 years of team leader or stores experience
- Management experience
- Use of MRP system to manage work
- Computer literate
- Basic level of data analysis
- FLT experience (not essential)
- Good communication
- People skills
- Work on own initiati
- Able to problem solve
- Able to organise and manage time
- Able to delegate
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!