An international steel manufacturer is looking for a Logistics Supervisor. The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for shipping and inventory of finished goods, work in process material and for directing the union shipping employees including the Stevedore.
- Monitors the daily slab inventories and coordinates the movement and storage of slab products in conjunction with the planning department to achieve 100% on-time delivery performance.
- Monitors the daily inventories of all finished products and work in process materials to ensure shipping schedules are met on a day to day basis.
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly safety contacts and meetings.
- Tracks inventory on site and completes annual inventory in conjunction with the Finance Department
- Directs daily slab and scrap movement
- Assists in managing a shipping plan that ensures 100% on-time delivery.
- Follows current procedures and controls to assure that they align with the objective of 100% on-time delivery.
- Coordinate shipping schedules with truck transport carrier, railroads and barge suppliers.
- Partners with production managers to ensure that customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Creates and troubleshoots weekly work schedules in Kronos for hourly employees in shipping department including Stevedore and Scarfer employees.
- Creates invoices for Great Lakes Transportation
- Prepares and monitors rail car shipments. Adheres to and ensures compliance with all Company, Business, Ethics, and other Human Resource Polices
- Follows and oversees all policies and procedures, which would include the Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensures that assigned crew is trained to perform their duties in compliance to all Health, Safety, and environmental policies and follows program requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience in transportation logistics including truck, rail cargo and ships/barge.
- High School Diploma, 4 year college degree preferred.