Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Logistics Manager. The type of individual that will succeed will have a hands-on approach to managing incoming material and supplies for manufacturing as well as shipment of test materials to service providers and finished goods to customers. This role will have full responsibility of our Magellan-Winnipeg’s Export Compliance mandate. The incumbent is a key member of the Supply Chain team overseeing the shipping and receiving staff. This role reports functionally to the Director of Supply Chain.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Export Compliance
- Maintains strict compliance with the regulations and laws of export control as established by the Canadian and U.S. government agencies and other foreign export regulations as applicable including managing associated company procedures.
- Maintains a training inventory, schedules training courses, and develops or assists in developing course outlines, learning objectives, manuals, training aids, assessment materials, and associated documentation.
- Works closely with Business Unit Leaders and HR in identifying, planning and delivering export compliance training to all company personnel, as driven by the export compliance program.
- Prepares appropriate documents, license applications, End User certificates, proposed agreements to meet the company’s business needs and submits to the appropriate customers and/or vendors, Canadian and/or U.S. Government agencies or other government agencies such as Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade & the U.S. State Department.
- Assists in evaluating, maintaining and revising internal export policies, procedures, and practices.
- Leads and participates in Magellan’s corporate best practice and cost reduction initiatives as required.
- Selects carriers when needed, negotiates contracts and rates.
- Plans and monitors inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervises logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organizes warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Responds to any issues or complaints.
- Researches ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Works with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluates budgets and expenditures.
- Updates and evaluates metrics to assess performance and implements enhancements.
- Ensures that all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- 2 to 5 years of direct experience in the logistics field, ideally in a manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience in export compliance, with in-depth knowledge of cross-border shipping and logistics requirements and knowledge of government regulations.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a Management function, ideally in a unionized shop.
- Understanding of ITAR requirements is preferred.
- Lean and CI with hand-on experience participating Kaizen events (experience in leading events would be helpful).
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with experience presenting to various levels within an organization.
Desired/Preferred Experience and Skills
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Management processes (scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment, reverse logistics).
- Several years in product manufacturing (preferably Aerospace or other complex manufacturing environment).
- ISO9001/AS9100 experience.
- SAP or other ERP experience.
- Experience dealing directly with Vendors and Customers (internal and external) to strengthen the supply chain.
- Experience in a matrixed business structure.
- Experience in Inventory Management and Planning.
- Highly analytical; works exceptionally well independently with minimal supervision; polished, concise and confident communicator.
- Willing to put in the extra time and effort when needed.
- BA/BS/Associate degree/diploma in Business, Supply Chain (CSCP, SCMA), Logistics or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- CLTD certification in hand or enrolled with a recognized program provider (e.g., ASCM).
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.