Our growing client has an immediate need for an Logistics Coordinator that will focus on managing a team of installation drivers, scheduling their routes across the Southeast and beyond, as well as working with common carries to find the most timely and cost-efficient shipping rates. Responsibilities:
• Plan and coordinate routes for installation by crews based on information acquired from project managers.
• Develop, plan and execute work schedules with assigned employees for receiving and processing customer orders and associated product distribution requirements, to include the
handling, management and procurement actions for products and freight shipments.
• Manage scheduling with various common carriers for cost effective and timely shipment/ delivery of products.
• Manage shipping/loading department team through department supervisor
• Manage drivers/job site installers plus subcontractors performing installation of product
• Manage and monitor shipping margins
• Develop and manage trucking fleet, drivers and third-party trucking relationships, including hiring and negotiations.
• Provide ongoing and appropriate corrective feedback and discipline to assigned workers as required to ensure their maximum output; conduct periodic and informal evaluations.
• Apply continuous improvement methods to achieve higher customer satisfaction and operating expense reductions.
• Maintain appropriate customer service levels within a multi-channel environment. Maintain appropriate service levels for our jobsite superintendents-manufacturing, shipping, etc.
• Analyze logistics data, identifying and predicting deviations from process, making procedural changes to take advantage of increased opportunity for efficiency and correct
inefficiencies within the logistics systems.
• Manage/ oversee issuing of time and materials upon the return of an installer to close out a job file and pass along to accounting.Qualifications:
• Strong leadership ability
• Ability to determine schedules, load balancing and worthwhile loads
• Scheduling and logistics background / expertise
• Site supervisor experience and/or knowledge
• Management experience
• Ability to determine true site worthiness
• Chemistry with organizational interfaces
• Driven / Take Charge / self-motivated individual with ownership mentality
This is a Direct Hire positions and our client offers a salary of $50k - $55k and full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k).Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check and drug test.
For Immediate consideration, please submit your resume to William Franks, Senior Recruiting Manager at email@example.comClick here to apply online