Reporting to a Sales Manager of a Texas based, full-service freight brokerage providing customized solutions in refrigerated, flatbed, intermodal, LTL, van, and expedited brokerage, built on integrity and principle.
The Logistics Sales Representative will be responsible for the development of profitable new business while maintaining and growing current customers, pricing proposal preparations, and customer service follow-up after the sale. Will be responsible for the solicitation management of all freight for customers. Will maintain the proper documentation pertaining to all loads moved; negotiate customer and carrier freight rates. Will need to be energetic and entrepreneurial, with the ability to market a wide variety of commodities to various markets. Responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, cold calling, lead generation, sourcing new business opportunities, pricing, and building a book of business for year over year growth. The ideal candidate is a confident, highly motivated individual, looking for a great sales opportunity with growth potential. The challenge is to increase revenues while improving profitability.
• Sales and new business development in logistics environment (3+ years)
• Modes of Transportation (i.e. Truckload, LTL, Intermodal, Specialized)
• Strong Selling Skills – consultative and transactional
• Strong Negotiation Ability (Customer, Margin Integrity)
• Computer literate (Microsoft Suite: Power Point, Word, Excel)
• Office Location: USA
Background Preferred (but not required):
• Transportation Management Systems knowledgeable
• Carrier Sales or “cradle to grave” experience
• Education: College Graduate
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Results driven
• Team player
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Isaiah Pouliot
Click here to apply online