endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
ADAS Localization Technical Lead / Principal Engineer:
We are a global leader and pioneer in cutting-edge technology for the future of transportation. Our international, AGILE and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
As Localization Technical Lead, you have overall technical responsibility for the Localization portion of our system. You will be responsible for the technical leadership of 1-3 teams of ~7 engineers, working on Localization-related goals, and lead the development of this product.
This position is a flexible remote role which means employees have the flexibility to sometimes work remotely, but are expected to report to the office occasionally.
What you will do
To be effective in this role, you will have responsibilities under two broad categories: Product, and Technical Expert / Mentor
- Product Responsibilities
- Coordinate with other stakeholders and Product Owner to convert internal and external discussions into ordered list of backlog tasks for the team to break down and execute.
- Review the team’s work products
- Be a part of the Function Owner (FO) team, composed of the Product Owners of other teams.
- Coordinate with the FO team to negotiate the scope and priority of high-level technical / product objectives
- Technical Expert and Mentor
- Overall technical ownership of Localization Algorithms
- Guide team members in selecting good algorithms to implement
- Review and assess localization results
- Responsibility to develop and own Localization roadmap
- Which localization methods are feasible and useful?
- Which algorithms should we implement, and when?
- How do we keep localization well-coordinated with the rest of the product?
- Interact with systems and safety engineers to ensure the technical roadmap and vision for the Localization solution are consistent with requirements (both functional and nonfunctional)
- Help team members grow technically in their knowledge of Localization concepts and how our Algorithms work.
- A Master's degree in a relevant technical field required, a Ph.D. is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience mentoring, leading teams
- 5+ years of experience with organizational methods (Scrum, Agile, Kanban, Lean, etc...)
- Exposure with standards compliance (ISO-26262, ASPICE, etc...)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with all phases of software development on a modern software development team.
- 5+ years of experience developing Localization algorithms for Automobiles, UAV or Robotics.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
Nice to have
- Prior experience with vehicle autonomy, UAV or robotics
Tools & Technology
- Experience with Agile Scrum, especially LeSS and SAFe scaled solutions
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and offers challenging opportunities that go beyond the boundaries of a job description. We offer a comprehensive package including:
- Competitive Salary + bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching program
- 3-5 weeks of vacation DOE
- Car Stipend
- Flexible work hours
- Casual working environment
- No dress code
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.