Local Truck Driver CDL Class B $3K Sign-on Bonus!
Average annual income $50,000 - $63,000/year
MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDL Class B Straight Truck to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Tracy, CA. The ideal candidates will hold a valid CDL Class B driver’s license and prior verifiable experience and references, preferably local, route delivery experience. Routes typically have 5-15 stops per day; routes will vary day to day and can change at any time.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering palletized freight. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Truck Driver CDL Class B Straight Truck for our location in Tracy, CA.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class B Straight Truck
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Touch freight – unloading using manual and/or electric pallet-jack and/or hand-cart
Requirements of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class B Straight Truck
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission and prior verifiable experience and references
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, LTL, etc.
- Be able to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds with no assistance
Compensation for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class B Straight Truck
Salary for this position is $19.00-$20/hour with progression to $22.00/hour, based upon prior experience, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, that can equate to an additional $2-$3/hour. Overtime paid after 8 hours per day, average 40-50 hours/week; Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations; 401k enrollment on first day of employment.
Work Schedule for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class B Straight Truck
Saturday-Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off; start times vary, typically around 230pm; work 8-12 hours per day; 60/70 rule applies; work schedule may change; availability of routes/work schedules unknown until start date; must be flexible with work schedule and willing to run all routes.