Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
Average annual salary $40,000 - $50,000/year
MedTrans (Medline Industries) is currently accepting applications for Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver to fill permanent, direct-hire positions in Rogers, MN. The ideal candidates will hold a valid driver’s license, preferably with local, parcel delivery experience. Routes typically have 30-60 deliveries per day; routes will vary day to day and can change at any time.
Work for the leading nationwide supplier of medical, surgical and pharmaceutical products to hospitals, nursing homes, HME providers, surgery centers, physician offices, home care/hospice delivering packages to clinics and medical facilities. Due to continued growth we are in need of Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver for our location in Rogers, MN. Career advancement opportunities into CDL delivery positions.
Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a global company. These are full-time, permanent, Direct-Hire placements offering a stable work environment and long-term career opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
- Drive parcel [bread] trucks, making multi-stop parcel deliveries to specific route destinations
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on trucks
- Parcel delivery using hand-cart at some locations
Requirements of the Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
- Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Driver´s License, and meet MVR minimum hiring requirements
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Multiple-stop, parcel deliveries in a parcel delivery truck [step-van; bread truck], sometime using a hand-cart. No heavy lifting.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Must be flexible with work schedule; start times vary every day. Some mandatory OT on weekends.
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Experience with local, multiple-stop deliveries: foodservice, beverage delivery, parcel, etc. highly preferred; will train the right individuals
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
Compensation for the Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
Starting salary for this position is $16.50-17.50/hour, depending on experience; plus monthly and quarterly safety/case incentive that can equate to an additional $2-$3/hour. Incentive is attainable but not guaranteed. OT after 40 hours per week, average 40-50 hours/week. Average annual salary $40,000 - $50,000 per year. Full benefits after 30 days: medical, dental, life, paid Holidays and Vacations. Plus, 401K enrollment on first day of work.
Work Schedule for the Local Parcel Package Delivery Driver
Monday - Friday; start times vary, typically between 5am-7am; work 8-12 hours per day; work schedule may change; availability of routes/work schedules unknown until start date; must be flexible with work schedule and willing to run all routes.