The Loan Processor will provide exceptional service to clients, communicate with the Loan Origination department and third party vendors to satisfy the borrower requests for a mortgage. The Loan Processor is responsible for ordering pertinent documentation and adhering to regulations, agency guidelines, and investor requirements.
The Loan Processor is responsible for:
- Communication with clients, loan originators, third party vendors, and internal departments involved in the loan transaction.
- Provide clients with timely and periodic status updates of their loan application.
- Review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested.
- Ensure that all loan documentation is complete, accurate, verified, and complies with internal policies and regulatory standards.
- Manage and prioritize loans in order to meet important deadlines.
- Able to successfully manage a pipeline of 20-25 loans.
- Order title at initial file review; order appraisal if not already ordered; obtain payoffs; update homeowners insurance; request other required documents to complete the loan file.
- Submit files to underwriting for a loan decision; review loan approvals requesting any/all items necessary for resubmission; submit file back to underwriting for final approval.
- Upload all documents into Encompass on a “when received” basis; acknowledge receipt with the client same day when possible and verify documentation received meets requirements as needed.
- Provide clear, accurate, timely status updates during weekly pipeline meetings.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ongoing training to include compliance requirements and knowledge of various loan programs/products.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- One to two years of experience processing purchase and refinance loans.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding service orientation and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to work well under deadline constraints.
- Ability to build relationships across departments and solicit feedback to improve the loan process.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of professionalism and demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn in a fast paced environment and deal with change.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision and direction.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required. Additional education preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Encompass and paperless experience preferred.
- Conventional, FHA, VA experience required. USDA, HOC, CDA experience preferred.