· At least 5 years of experience developing and implementing enterprise-level Java applications.
· 5+ years of Java/J2EE application design and development experience.
· Experience with OSGI or similar framework.
· Experience with MVC design pattern.
· Experience with Hibernate/Spring frameworks.
· Experience implementing and utilizing Web services, Service/System Integrations.
· Development experience utilizing Vaadin framework is a plus.
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
· Experience delivering technical design & architecture documentation.
· Experience with code management tools, automated build setup, and deployment procedures.
· 5+ years of strong Liferay hands-on experience.
· Experience delivering extranet/customer portals from start to finish.
· Experience configuring Liferay sites and organizations with permissions.
· Experience developing portlets, custom themes, and WCM features in Liferay.
· Experience implementing logging, usage metrics, audit trail, and usage analytics components.
· Experience installing, configuring, and administering Liferay applications in both production and non-production environments.
· In-depth understanding of Liferay platform and development best practices.
· Project experience with Liferay 7.x (DXP) is required.
· Knowledge of Liferay 7 (DXP 7.2) is required.
· Experience working with and leading offsite teams is required.
· Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Integration with enterprise systems and overall architectural standards knowledge.
· Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
· Excellent communication presentation and organization skills with ability to communicate effectively across multiple IT team disciplines and with business users.
· Insurance industry experience is a plus.