Title: Life Science Research Professional
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2504790456
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Life Science Research Professional to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Flow cytometry operator – Stanford Shared FACS Facility is seeking a flow cytometry operator. This position will allow an enthusiastic, out-going person to work side-by-side with staff and university researchers to run analytical and sorting experiments.
- This position is an opportunity to join a dynamic flow core facility and apply your cytometry knowledge and skills to a wide variety of research applications.
- Assist with laboratory oversight, including preparation of reagents, management of supplies, instrument scheduling and usage tracking/accounting.
- Assist with flow cytometry instrument maintenance, repair, and daily QC.
- Supervise equipment end-users and provide basic instruction on operation and facility policies.
- Learn new scientific approaches and apply learned skill to assist researchers to complete experiments on flow cytometry instrumentation.
- Appropriately setup experiment on analyzer and sorters.
- Assist users with design and planning of experiments.
- Apply hands-on experience to guide experimental design and analysis for researchers.
- Assist with experiment troubleshooting and provide guidance on optimization.
- Utilize analytical software (e.g., FlowJo) for analysis of experimental data.
- Work with staff and university departments to ensure lab compliance with all health and safety requirements
- General comprehension of scientific principles.
- One year of experience with flow cytometry OR 2 years experience in a related field.
- Must be enthusiastic; great with people.
- General computer skills – including use of basic spreadsheet, ability to quickly master computer programs, including databases, web-based programs, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines and independently manage an appointment schedule is essential.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.709986