Our client is looking for a summer employee to perform lifeguard duties at a community outdoor pool.
Duties and expectations:
- Provide high quality customer service and pool supervision to all patrons
- Instruct, prepare and evaluate swim lessons
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures are followed
- Learn computer software for entering swim lesson requests, setting up accounts, managing swim passes and accepting admissions
- Act immediately and appropriately in the event of an emergency. Secure the safety of all patrons and provide emergency care/treatment within professional realm until medical services arrive on scene
- Complete various maintenance duties, janitorial/cleaning requirements, and other miscellaneous job-related duties when not guarding
- Current NLS, WSI and standard first aid/CPR/AED
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with children & youth
- Approachable, optimistic and confident
- Experience teaching swim lessons highly desirable
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
The anticipated start date is June 1, 2019.
For the month of June it will be 10-20 hrs/week with alternating shifts between 12-9:30pm and for July & August approximately 20-40 hrs/week with alternating shifts between 7:30am-9:30pm
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered will be contacted.By applying to this position you are agreeing to receive email communication from Hire Standard.