Our client is seeking a Licensing Agent (Part-time) to work for an area within the Ministry of Ontario.
Seeking a Licensing Agent (Part-time) work work at Dresden Raceway and Leamington Raceway.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Reviewing new and renewal online licensing applications in the new online service portal
- Communicating with applicants and licensees by telephone and in writing.
- Providing in-person support to horsepersons by assisting them
- Providing assistance to Racing Officials, Commission Veterinarians and/or other on-site personnel as required.
What you will bring to this role:
- Strong spoken and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new systems.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to assist end-users in understanding how to use the online service portal.
- The ability to exercise sound judgement and make complex decisions under pressure.
- General knowledge of the company's Rules of Racing, the Horse Racing Licence Act, 2015 and its regulations.
- Knowledge of safety around horses.
- Flexibility and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.