Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
As a licensed practical nurse (LPN), you will help administer daily medication and help provide skilled nursing care and other health related duties to patients under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Provide healthcare to patients inside the facility.
- Assess patients, report findings and deliver appropriate nursing interventions under the direction of a health care provider.
- Use multilingual capabilities for accurate oral translation and communication to ensure continuity of care; Use "language line" translation service to ensure continuity of care.
Preferred education and/or experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a LPN.
- Experience in medical setting requiring large medication passes.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills.
- Preferred Intravenous Infusion Therapy/Venipuncture certification.
- Completion of Licensed Practical Nurse program and a valid unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing (or issued by another state recognized by the Arizona Board of Nursing as a multi-compact license state) with no current, pending, or prior disciplinary action on nursing license.
- BLS/CPR/First Aid certification training is provided during new hire orientation.
This position is within a correctional health facility.
Applicants must have the ability to
- Get on floor to perform CPR chest compressions.
- Must be able to walk up to 4 miles in a 12-hour shift.
- Work various assignments and float to various facilities, as needed.
- Respond to a man down (emergency situation).
For more information, contact Nick Mazur at 602 788-5890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.