Pharmacy Technician – BILINGUAL
This position will assist the Pharmacist with dispensing medication and the technical and clerical aspects of Pharmacy services.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the department.
- Receive prescriptions or medication orders for emergency or clinic supplies, select the appropriate drug and quantity, fill the order accurately, and after verification by pharmacist complete transaction by billing the appropriate party correctly.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacy computer system by entering prescriptions promptly and accurately, billing multiple payors correctly, and printing required reports and labels.
- Assist the pharmacist with identification of medication order or prescription processing problems, proposed solutions, implementation of solutions, and follow up.
- Answer telephone identifying self and department. Direct calls to appropriate personnel or assist patients with questions or concerns in a professional manner.
- Answer requests at the window and make medication order runs to pick up orders or deliver medications to clinic areas as needed.
- Maintain and update the integrity of the pharmacy computer databases and perform routine maintenance or backups.
- Balance cash register, prepare daily deposit, and deliver it to the appropriate personnel for deposit into the bank.
- Organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Maintain logs, record, and other required documentation accurately. File documentation in appropriate locations
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication.
- Keep pharmacy areas clean, neat, and well organized. Keep all pharmacy equipment clean and maintained.
- Demonstrate proficiency in pharmacy automation/robotic system calibration, maintenance, and use.
- Maintain adequate stock of medication and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing medications and supplies in appropriate locations.
- Rotate stock to ensure use before expiration date.
- Identify and replace, as needed, outdated and unusable medications.
- Repackage bulk medications into unit of use packages safely and accurately per established procedures using appropriate techniques.
- Replenish emergency and clinic supplies accurately.
- Participate in the quality improvement activities of the department.
- Complete and document all assigned medication storage area inspections.
- Identify and replace outdated and unusable medications.
- Collect data, conduct quality monitors, and complete documentation as assigned.
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a similar setting
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Cash handling experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Pharmacy Technician State license required.
- Experience in addition to cert/degree
For more information, contact Ren’e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!