Library Technician (3 month Contract)
This role is a contract with the federal government in Toronto. 8 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday with two 15 min breaks and one 30 min break for lunch. Remote work a possibility.
Supporting both residential and distance learning strategic studies, national security studies and military studies courses
What you will achieve in this role:
Performs library duties including:
- Performing circulation duties, including check-in and check-out, using the SYMPHONY integrated library system; M
- Managing the serials collection including checking in periodicals in SYMPHONY, claiming and binding;
- Labeling and processing catalogued library material as well as adding copies.
- Stack management, including shelving, preparing signs for library collections;
- Preparing surplus library materials for disposal by creating and circulating lists of surplus library material; sending surplus library material to requesting libraries; boxes remaining surplus library material for disposal;
- Preparing material for digitization;
- General library support including shelving, retrieving and processing library mail, photocopying, and mailing out library material; and Other paraprofessional library duties as assigned by manager.
What you will bring to this role:
- Successful completion of at least two (2) years approved post-secondary school training in library science or some other specialty relevant to the position with recent* work experience in a library.
- Recent* experience in shelving library materials.
- Recent* experience in circulating library material using one of the following major integrated library integrated systems: SYMPHONY, HORIZON, Innovative Interfaces, or Ex Libris
- Recent is defined as a minimum of six (6) continuous months’ work in a library within the last three (3) year
- Experience in performing general library duties.
- Experience in using the Circulation system of the SYMPHONY integrated library system.
- Experience in serials control using the SYMPHONY integrated library system.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.