Position: Library Technician
Duration: Contract 5 months Mon to Fri
Location: Toronto ON
- Performing circulation duties, including check-in and check-out, using the SYMPHONY integrated library system;
- Managing the serials collection including checking in periodicals in SYMPHONY, claiming and binding;
- Labeling and processing catalogued library material as well as adding copies;
- Stack management, including shelving, preparing signs for library collections;
- Preparing surplus library materials for disposal by creating and circulating lists of surplus library material; sending surplus library material to requesting libraries; boxes remaining surplus library material for disposal;
- Preparing material for digitization;
- General library support including shelving, retrieving and processing library mail, photocopying, and mailing out library material; and
- Other paraprofessional library duties as assigned by manager.
- Successful completion of at least two (2) years approved post-secondary school training in library science or some other specialty relevant to the position with recent* work experience in a library.
- Recent* experience in shelving library materials.
- Recent* experience in circulating library material using one of the following major integrated library integrated systems: SYMPHONY, HORIZON, Innovative Interfaces, or Ex Libris.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Experience in performing general library duties. Experience in using the Circulation system of the SYMPHONY integrated library system. Experience in serials control using the SYMPHONY integrated library system.
What is exciting about this opportunity?
Government contract with potential to go full-time.