The purpose of this position is to provide support for non-destructive testing, at comp. Mfg; communication with customers to obtain any NDT related approvals, Quality and certify NDT personnel conduct “Black Belt” projects assigned by upper management, as a part of continuous improvement of mfg processes.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• NDT level III. Daily support for component MFG. evaluation of borderline defects and accept/reject decisions
• Origination of all NDT related documentation as per customer(s) requirement(s)
• Liaison with a customer in order to obtain customer approval for all originated NDT technical plans
• Maintain qualification level of NDT personnel certification of NDT personnel within customer required time period.
• Conduct top management assigned projects. Organize and orient working listing six sigma and continuous improvement tools.
• 5 to 10 years experience
• Knowledge of special processes, metallurgy
• Drawing reading (for NDT level III)
• Statistics, mathematics( for “Black belt” projects)
• Excellent communication skills both written & oral
• Presentation skills
• 2 year college degree (or equivalent) Aerospace preferably
• Professional License – Exams by each customer to get Approved NDT level III status
• 5-7 yrs. Manufacturing experience preferably Aerospace
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities