Legal Assistant for Litigation department
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced litigation environment
- Must be capable of performing a variety of administrative, secretarial and legal duties
- Understanding of legal terminology and local court/jurisdiction rules
- Ability to prioritize and identify urgency as well as manage time and multitask effectively
- Prepare and/or draft various legal documents such as pleadings, discovery, correspondence, etc.
- Daily telephone contact with Plaintiff’s counsel, outside counsel, courts, etc.
- Review, manage and maintain daily calendar regarding upcoming court appearances, depositions, meetings, etc.
- Timely complete required litigation and administrative tasks
- Input and maintain documents and information into the company’s case management system accurately and in a timely manner
- A minimum of 5 Years experience as a legal assistant required
- Experience in insurance defense litigation preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Office