Our industry leading client has an immediate need for a Lease Accountant.RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with the procurement team and business function teams to collect copies of all leases entered into worldwide, including embedded leases. This includes tracking leases with upcoming changes to ensure timely and accurate accounting of updates (i.e. terminations and modifications).
• Enter/load abstract of lease data for new and modified leases into our lease accounting software. Generate the lease accounting schedules within the lease accounting software and review for accuracy in accordance with ASC 842 and NCR policies.
• When applicable, meet with business owners and controllership team to determine accounting treatment of leases.
• Answer questions from the business and controllership teams regarding their lease portfolio.
• Assist controllership and/or perform month end account reconciliations
• Prepare quarterly disclosure information related to the lease asset portfolio (i.e. using reports out of the lease accounting software and general ledger for balances and lease expenses).
• Manage and update master data sets within the lease accounting software.
• Responsible for compliance with all internal policies and internal controls including SOX controls and maintaining adequate documentation to support that all controls were performed on a timely basis.
• Assist external auditors in their audit process.QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related Business discipline
• 5 or more years of related experience
• CPA is a plus
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Knowledge and experience with ASC 842 (or ASC 840) lease accounting rules
• Experience in US GAAP accounting and reporting
• Excel advanced user
• Strong analytical skills, ability to research issues in complex accounting structure to resolve problems; detail oriented, yet able to identify issues and grasp concepts at broader level
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to work with a variety of individuals in both team and self-directed environments
• Strong project management skills and able to move toward successful completion of project goalsCandidates that meet the qualifications, please send your resume to William
at email@example.comClick here to apply online