The Learning and Succession Specialist supports the businesses learning and succession initiatives. This support includes a wide range of activities from collaborating with the metrics coordinator on managing and reporting metrics, scheduling meetings, conducting one-on-one meetings with all levels of staff and actively participating in senior level succession meetings. In this role, there will also be activities related to soft skill and compliance training, including working with the business to develop training and ensure records are accurate. This position will also be responsible for administering, and in some cases interpreting, leadership and development assessments.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Creatively bring ideas to life, contribute to communication plans and develop solutions with full consideration from the end users' point of view.
• Participate in consultation and collaboration with stakeholders to assess talent management and leadership development needs using internal and external resources to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate programs.
• Assist in the design and lead the implementation of talent management and organizational development initiatives and practices related to employee engagement, career and leadership development, and process improvement that support current and future strategic goals.
• Assist Directors, General Management and Executives to develop, implement, and grow a development program to accelerate development for high potential employees who are future leaders in the organization.
• Develop metrics to evaluate effectiveness of assigned projects and initiatives.
• Develop and deliver training solutions that align with HR, learning and business strategies.
• Evaluate training effectiveness and report statistics/metrics for continual improvement.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies.
• Manage and maintain the Learning & Development Outlook mailboxes and support LMS inquiries.
• Develop eLearning for content designed by the Learning & Development team and subject matter experts.
• Identify suitable external developmental based training courses where applicable.
• Support tracking and reporting on course participation & progress through the Learning Management System (LMS).
• Develop and maintain job aids and other user guides.
• Coordinate and schedule training sessions as required.
• Post-secondary education in HR, Adult Education, Business and/or Organizational Development.
• Additional training in instructional design and/or facilitation skills an asset
• Training and Development certification is preferred (e.g., CTP, CTDP)
• Minimum of 2 years' experience managing an LMS, including user management, reporting, ILT and eLearning course management.
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• Content creation using one or more rapid development tools (e.g., Lectora, Captivate, Storyline, Camtasia)
• Development and/or delivery of training content
• Experience with WebEx, Zoom, Adobe Connect or other conferencing software an asset
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!