Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Lean Practitioner
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support and deliver process improvement initiatives to achieve business goals. Working with the Manufacturing and Engineering functions by providing process improvement, cost reduction and data analysis along with MTM and time study methodologies. To update all elements of engineering data as required including SOP’s, Layout, root cause elimination and standardised processes.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To actively lead and participate in the companywide 6s programme.
- Must maintain knowledge of current lean manufacturing processes and tools to improve the company’s products and processes
- To implement identified strategies for improvement – best practice
- Prepare technical reports, case study documentation and training manuals(SOP’s)(SWS)
- Focus on continuous improvement to eliminate short and long term problems
- Support constructive change
- Assist in the development of the process model /maps/layouts/ process flow
- Monitor objectives, goals, measures and metrics for process improvement
- Assist in the development of project plans and project definitions
- Assist in the selection of project team members
- Assist with the identification and application of the most appropriate lean process improvement methodologies and tools to meet the requirements of the projects undertake.
- Time study methodologies (MTM) to identify and eliminate waste. Processes standardised to the most efficient and productive way using lean tools and techniques.
- Capture and publish lessons learnt and best practice from improvement projects
- To manage and be responsible for team members within the CI function.
- To ensure self and other people are working within a safe environmentally friendly environment whilst adhering to company H&S standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- GCSE Maths English +3 others prefer technical subjects but not essential
- Six sigma certification from reputable manufacturing organisation
- Training / certification in lean manufacturing.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and particularly spreadsheet applications
- MTM methodologies
- 2 -3 years in implementing six sigma and lean manufacturing tools in a manufacturing environment
- Project management
- lean tool application
- DMAIC process application
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Completer / finisher
- Focused and self-confident
- Results orientated
- Ability to manage conflict
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Earns respect of colleagues
- Knowledge of ISO 14001
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!