Our client, a global leader in refractory products, with the largest number of locations around the world, has an immediate opening for a Lean Engineer.
The Lean Engineer supports continual optimization projects and manufacturing processes to maintain high quality and efficient production. The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies. The Lean Engineer will have the ability to utilize various analytical tools and reports to uncover problematic root causes. Works cross-functionally with other members of the engineering team and manufacturing departments to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Be a technical point of contact with an expert knowledge of mixing, casting, and packaging equipment. Also, have an understanding of the recipes behind the entire portfolio of ancillary plant production.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma tools to improve department OEE and product quality including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Time Studies, Capability Studies, SMED, CEDAC, PDCA, etc. Effectively lead cross-functional Kaizen teams for fast-paced change implementation.
- Perform routine process audits to ensure newly implemented standards are being maintained and adhered to.
- Run routine process reports to uncover potential problematic root causes influencing production efficiency and/or quality. Implement follow-up corrective actions with specific focus on improving Specialties & EC Plants OEE. Perform experimental trials for new improvement ideas following ISO 9001 standards.
- Interact with an ERP system (SAP) to enter maintenance work orders, enter purchase requisitions, view inventory levels, manage capital projects, and run reports.
- Interact cross-functionally with the entire local (and relevant global) departments including Global Process Technology, Procurement, Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, R&D, and Quality Control. Have "influence without authority" to institute change throughout the plant.
- Become knowledgeable in financial aspects of the plant P&L to effectively track improvement results and confirm project savings.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- 1-6 years of relevant lean manufacturing work in an industrial field is required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with database entry, report creation and running, etc.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org