endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
LEAD VALIDATION ENGINEER:
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and Autonomous Vehicle Technology (all the cool new tech appearing in cars – cameras / radar / lidar / night vision / occupant sensing / level 2-4 autonomy is expanding rapidly and looking for an engineering professional who is a cut above for a key role on a new project.
Part of a $30b global super-power this division is US-based, lean and a pioneer. If you are looking to be at the cutting edge of technology this is the place for you!
What you'll do:
Searching for a driven individual to join our radar customer-engineering team to support our growing radar business. A successful lead system validation engineer will be customer- and objective-oriented to drive all aspects of vehicle systems validation. The lead systems validation engineer must be able to identify testing priorities as well as conflicts to allocate available resources.
- Primary customer interface for and owner of vehicle validation of radar modules
- Comprehend and effectively communicate customer and system requirements to:
- Develop radar-specific SDVPR test plan, documentation, and ensure traceability to requirements
- Identify required instrumentation to successfully execute SDVPR
- Plan and coordinate tests according to schedule
- Define pass/fail criteria with feature and software development teams
- Provide objective evidence that system meets all system-level requirements
- Support customer data acquisition, analysis, and troubleshooting as required (on-site as required)
- Analyze data collected during test drives
- Initiate and take ownership of complex problem solving, reporting results to customer stakeholders
- Participation in customer meetings to ensure effective communication between NA, CN, and KR customer and regional development sites to close open points
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities within the radar team and THE organization, including standardized data acquisition and analysis tools
- Design vehicle-level data acquisition systems to interface between radar modules and different vehicle software levels
- Flash software at vehicle, module, and gateway interface levels
- Position requires up to 35% travel, domestic and international
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree required
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Ability to understand, decompose, and effectively communicate the functionality of complex systems
- Electronics experience preferred
- Valid driver license
- Technical knowledge of automotive electronics products and the validation process
- Experience with CAN networks and basic CAN-based tools
- Experience with vehicle data acquisition systems and required instrumentation, including digital GPS
- Teamwork: Engage and inspire others. Drive collaboration. Work across cultures.
- Build Trust: Honest, transparent, and reliable. Build customer relationships.
- Hands-on approach with a high level of attention to detail
- Prior experience with GM Vehicle Information Platform (VIP, née Global B)
- Experience with vehicle-level testing of driver assistance systems
- Experience with executing methodical problem solving Knowledge of automotive radar and an understanding of basic radar functional principals
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.