Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Tool Design and Assembly Engineer.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The primary objectives of tool design to reduce the expenditure of manufacturing and improve quality. As a tool design engineer you will conceptualise, oversee the design of new tools and modification of existing tools. As a Tool Design and Assembly Engineer, you should be familiar with various kinds of manufacturing process to make a component. Knowledge and the uses of; and about a vast variety of engineering material, their properties, and their application to meet the requirement of component. Responsible for the management of the Tool Design and Assembly Engineers, setting targets and activities in line with the company’s requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To provide detailed specifications for design and manufacture of tooling and support buy-off through each stage (PDR/CDR/FDR)
- To lead and support a small team of engineers
- Develop tooling in line with customer standards
- Work closely with the customer
- Communicate daily with suppliers (design houses and manufacturers)
- Support and lead NPI tooling and fixturing requirements
- Align the fixturing and tooling strategy to Magellan’s strategic plan
- Manage customer requirements for all tooling activities
- Train operators on new equipment and its process
- Attend Material Review Boards
- Responsible for any considerations relating to maintenance, repair and recertification
- Help and Advise your Engineering Colleagues with tooling and assembly strategies for, assembling and tool design.
- 5+ Years Assemblies Tooling experience with a firm understanding of product industrialisation.
- Experience of working closely with customers to deliver the product.
- Catia V5 experience
- Computer literate (MS Office, MS Project, MRP systems).
- Time management.
- Team working
- Ability to present and communicate in front of small audiences
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Confident with technical decisions
- Can interact and work with multi-disciplined team
- Confident in explaining and presenting any issues or errors to multi functional departments
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!