Our client has been rated the number one place to work in Denver and has won multiple Colorado General Contractor of the Year awards. They are looking for a very talented lead superintendent with a commercial background to manage a variety of projects in the Denver area. Please email your resume to email@example.com if you are interested.
The Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of jobsite management including staffing, scheduling, and business partner/subcontractor relations. They will oversee the project throughout its lifecycle from award to completion, and will professionally represent the company and effectively support Company strategic initiative as well as foster positive long-term relationships with all business partners – ownership, design professionals, and subcontractors. The Superintendent is responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of the project while maintaining safety, environment, and budget.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Core Duties / Responsibilities:
- The Superintendent provides overall supervision and support to the jobsite, subcontractors, and field staff to ensure high quality and timely delivery of the project.
- Coordinate Subcontractors in schedule development to facilitate accurate planning.
- Host and/or attend all trade pre-construction and coordination meetings.
- Coordinate and host all on-site subcontractor coordination meetings.
- The Superintendent leads, implements and enforces jobsite safety requirements and Quality Assurance Program
- Responsible for all jobsite documentation ensuring that legal documents are prepared, distributed, and filed for record keeping.
- Daily Reports and associated daily documentation
- Master project schedule maintenance and production of Look-Ahead Schedules
- Quality Control Checklists and Inspections
- Safety Program Compliance and Weekly Inspections
- Storm Water Compliance – Weekly and Post Event Inspections
- Photo documentation of progress
- Responsible for the maintenance of an accurate and up to date set of working red-lined/as-built contract documents available to all on site personnel.
- Manage all on-site field staff – supervision as well as hourly craft and labor.
- Coordinate and manage tasks with consideration to hours and budget.
- Conduct reviews as directed by the Director of Field Operations or General Superintendents.
- Update manpower needs with as much advanced notice as is practical.
- Responsible for the professional setup and maintenance of the jobsite.
- Office trailer
- Required signage as well as marketing opportunities
Core Duties / Responsibilities:(Continued)
- The Superintendent works with the Project Management team to effectively manage procurement and delivery schedules as well as change management.
- The Superintendent has direct authority over on-site field staff.
- The Superintendent will coordinate with PMs on specific individual project critical decisions and work that is not contracted for.
- The Superintendent will coordinate with Subcontractors on all contracted work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience/ Training:
- High School Diploma, or GED Equivalent.
- 15 Years of experience in commercial construction w/ 10 years preferred in Municipal and/or K-12 Construction.
- Experience running $35+M projects preferred.
- Maintain OSHA 30 (minimum) and recommended refresher training as well as any project. specific/need based safety training.
- ASTA Powerproject proficiency and advanced schedule theory.
- Attend training for operational software as needed to stay current.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of commercial construction and exceptional jobsite management skills; Delivers on key projects and commitments via professional knowledge and leadership abilities.
- Possesses detailed process & application knowledge relating to building codes, budget management, construction practices, project scheduling etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / TRAVEL:
FIELD: Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather: rain, heat, and loud noises. Up to 10%, and/or daily travel as business requires during scheduled work hours.
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation, sick days, holidays a 401(k)-retirement plan with a match and fringe benefits.