Founded over 40 years ago, this multifamily industry leader specializes in wrap, podium, garden style, student/affordable housing and commercial projects. As a developer/builder - they rank in the Top-20 of National industry leaders for units built and management space. They have a fully integrated development, construction and property management operation specializing in multifamily and commercial projects. From the time they opened the doors in the early 1970's, they have partnered on projects that total 40 million square feet of multifamily and commercial properties combined. They have developed in 10 states throughout the country and have continued to grow into new markets ever since.
The Superintendent will manage daily operations onsite including the project staff and subcontractors. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Work with other staff members to negotiate any changes with subcontractors
• Ensures compliance with company policies and safety procedures as well as contract plans and specifications
• Coordinate or assist with coordination of project activities with Company personnel
• Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required for review
• Meets with project personnel to discuss & provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for and assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation or the project: including safety, resources, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management, quality, and risk analysis
• Manages the process to ensure that documented commitments made in the developmental phases of a project are implemented at the proper time
• Reviews and approves vendor pay estimates, material requests and invoices
• Draft, review and approve works and purchase / change orders
• Attends & directs project status meetings and assists in problem solving efforts
• Work with and be part of the estimating/bid process during project procurement phase
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
KEY Skills and Abilities
MULTIFAMILY Construction Experience (Projects $40-60+MM)
Wrap, Podium Style project experience
Negotiating Contracts skills
Ability to work well with a team & manage multiple employees as needed
Impeccable organizational skills
Bachelor’s/Associates degree in Construction/Business Management preferred.
8+ years of construction superintendent experience in the MULTIFAMILY ground-up / new-construction industry
• Phone reimbursement up to $75 per month • Bonus 25% of annual salary paid annually. • Insurance effective immediately upon employment • 401k participation upon 90 days of employment. Immediately fully vested. Employer will match up to 50%
Must have several years of experience building Wrap/Podium type projects, from start up through completion.
Preferred experience with cast-in-place and precast garage construction
Prefer locally based candidates who are familiar with our local codes and have already worked with many of our local subcontractors.
Extensive background checks performed on all employees
Ipad / computer / phone provided for all field based employees.