endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Endevis is working with a leading solar service provider to find a Lead Solar Field Electrician. The Lead Solar Field Electrician is directly responsible for all aspects of the maintenance and operation of utility scale PV power plant. Duties include monitoring PV plant operation through SCADA, commissioning, testing, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying transformers, switchgear, and metering systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for the supervision of contractors to ensure safe, high quality and timely performance of maintenance activities in the field. This position will act as the primary responder to customer service calls or automated service calls generated by remote alarm notification systems and will be on-call 24/7.
- Ensure a safe work environment by promoting strict adherence to company protocols
- Oversee all personnel in the field and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence.
- Perform and document training on and ensure compliance to Job Hazard Analysis, Pre-Job Brief and Lock-Out-Tag-Out procedures.
- Train all personnel in safety, environmental and procedural requirements.
- Communicate effectively with remote operators
- Coordinate on-site project planning, installations, commissioning, quality inspections, and performance testing.
- Write and enforce work and equipment testing instructions and procedures, including normal and maintenance operating procedures.
- Ensure work orders are complete per requirements
- Prepare documents necessary for procurement and utilization of materials and vendor services.
- Ensure all documentation and required reports are reviewed, complete, submitted and filed.
- Communicate cross-functionally across all necessary parts of the organization to achieve resolution to plant issues.
- Attend, participate in and pass all assigned training in safety, environmental and other areas as assigned
- Maintain work area and site housecleaning to 5S standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
- Candidate should be able to fully run the site with limited to no supervision. Should be prepared to take over supervision of the facility in the absence of Site Supervisor or Site Manager.
- 4+ years of experience in a related position or Journey level certification.
- Prior Supervisory Experience a plus.
- Experience in operating and maintaining power plant electrical systems, SCADA and controls systems operation, troubleshooting advanced electrical components, and using procedures to perform equipment preventative and corrective maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Electricians License required
- College or technical degree preferred.
- Equivalent electrical and practical training in military, utility, or power industry a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical safety and arc flash standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to follow operating, switching, maintenance, safety and environmental procedures.
- Must have a strong safety background with experience in Lockout Tag Out and Job Hazard Analysis
- Working knowledge of industrial or power facility operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of local and national electrical codes.
- Proficiency reading and understanding Electrical schematics and prints.
- Proficient at medium & high voltage switching.
- In-depth experience testing and troubleshooting medium voltage and high voltage equipment, including transformers, potential transformers, current transformers, breakers, relays, contractors, motors and inverters.
- Capable of retrieving relay files and documentation.
- Fully fluent in utilizing a CMMS system for maintenance tracking
- Proven computer skills in a Windows environment (Microsoft Office Products) is required.
- Must possess good English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Self-directed and accountable, able to think critically about processes and issues.
- Highest level of Integrity
- Valid Driver’s License.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.