endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
ADAS Lead Software Engineer
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and Safety Systems for the transportations industry (all the cool stuff that is appearing in cars – cameras / radar / night-vison, lane-change avoidance / smart cruise control) is expanding rapidly and looking for a Software Lead Engineer who is a cut above to help them keep up with their exceptional growth.
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for embedded software design and development for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) ECU software projects. This Engineer possesses excellent software skills, a strong sense of software development process, project leadership and character. This engineer has advanced functional knowledge of modern electronic control circuits and a thorough knowledge of multicore microcontrollers. This engineer possesses strong programming skills in the C language, Real Time Operating Systems, software design methodologies and software project management skills
- Lead team of software engineers responsible for ADAS ECU software development
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned projects. Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned software team tasks progression to higher management for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Design, implement and test modular embedded software for 16/32/64 bit multicore microcontroller based Vision ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements and their adherence to established process. Ensure that software team follows quality process
- Evaluate and prioritize change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Ensure process adherence and propose product process or infrastructure improvements as required
- Conduct team meetings to seek status, relevant data and constructive opinion from software team; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with customers, product development teams and software teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within interdisciplinary team
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- Seven or more years’ work experience in Embedded or real-time software development
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, Ethernet, etc.)
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Experience with ADAS ECU’s including features like Object/Lane Detection, Collision Avoidance, Adaptive Cruise control, etc.
- Experience in developing embedded software for Ford, GM or other OEM Network Operating Systems
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO26262, AUTOSAR
- Experience working with Embedded Realtime Operating Systems (RTA-OS, RT Linux, OSEK, etc.)
- Familiarity with Autosar and Vector Tools (Davinci Configurator, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, …)
DOORS Requirements Management, Enterprise Architect, and Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), QAC, Tasking Compiler, iSYSTEM WinIdea, and MKS Source Integrity, Autosar Builder, Davinci Configurator
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.