endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Join a Global Leader and help develop next gen “brain of interior vehicle systems”
Lead Senior Systems Engineer
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
Systems engineering position will be a technical lead to develop system requirements and architecture for our advanced engineering team. In your responsibilities as a Systems Engineer, you will play a critical role at the forefront of designing new innovative microclimate technology devices that will lead Gentherm’s comfort solutions into the next generation of automotive interiors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requirement elicitation: Gather vehicle system requirements and review with internal/ external stakeholders. Manage and document all electronics related project requirements.
- Cascade system level customer requirements into specific system level functional specifications.
- Develop specifications from system to component and deliver product designs to those specifications.
- Create system architecture designs in coordination with the hardware, software and mechanical design teams.
- Plan/coordinate development sprints according to the Agile methodology to meet milestones.
- Populate and maintain system level requirements in DOORS.
- Create and maintain requirements decomposition and traceability between discipline levels.
- Develop system level integration testing plans, requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts.
- Communicate customer requirements to Gentherm product team.
- Prepare technical documentation, reports as needed for communication.
- Perform/support system integration testing, bench testing, vehicle testing activities when required.
- Generate System work products to drive deliverables to meet project timing and internal process requirements.
- Leads system design for advanced engineering projects.
- Coordinates tasks among cross functional teams involving software, electrical / functional system behavior.
- Define system and component operating requirements and control schemes.
- Provide a technical interface to the customer.
- Coordinate with SW lead to commonize software architecture
- Mentor team members in system design & requirements development.
- Support planning and execution according to the Agile methodology with project SCRUM teams.
- Track project workload and report risks / results to management.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, computer, electronics engineering or similar field of study
- 5+ years requirements development or systems engineering experience.
- Experience with requirements and sprint management tools such as DOORS, JAZZ and JIRA.
- Familiar with automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools.
- Basic project management skills, including planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and project management.
- Ability to prepare and present complex written reports and other documents.
- Experience designing with analog, digital, semiconductors, microprocessors, power supplies, electronics hardware design, and communication circuits is required.
- Working knowledge of automotive specifications and requirements for EE and electromechanical systems.
- Experience in System and Software Architecture
- Implementation of Automotive bus communication (LIN, CAN)
- Good communication and customer interface skills
- Experience with integration testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree
- 7+ years of working experience in an automotive engineering environment, high volume automotive production applications
- Experience with model-based development (MBD) and analysis tools including Simulink.
- Experience in using LIN and/or CAN for automotive OEM
- Experience executing functional safety product design
- Successful production launch of ASPICE project
- Familiarity with embedded software design and C code
- Knowledge of electronics assembly processes and equipment
- Experience creating DFMEA, WCA, DFM
- Demonstrated experience in hardware development from concept to series support
- Experience Confluence
- Agile Development methodology (SCRUM)
TRAVEL: Travel as necessary to perform position duties with international teams and customers. Travel may vary, but can be up to ~10% travel for periods of 1 to 2 weeks based on project workload.