endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Endevis is working with a manufacturing leader in Sydney to find a Lead Product Design Engineer. The Lead Product Design Engineer will oversee product development and/or improvement from initial concept through production.
Skills that are helpful
- Project management, CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Heat transfer and thermodynamics knowledge, refrigeration, GD&T, MS Project
Responsibilities for the Lead Product Design Engineer - Include;
- Provides employee training and technical supervision. Organizes, delegates (assesses team members and delegates task to capable individuals with follow up and mentorship for less experience members) and monitors tasks given to engineers and designers
- Conducts feasibility studies, determines manpower and cost estimates and develops engineering criteria
- Performs analysis to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Leads interaction with other functions and internal or external customer requirements
- Develops and defines product specifications and performance requirements to determine product design.
- Provides technical information concerning materials, properties and performance that affect product engineering planning.
- Evaluates proposed product modification proposals for feasibility by conferring with supporting departments
- Plans and formulates engineering projects based on cost and time target requirements.
- Prepares or supervises the development of bill of materials and associated part and tool cost for assigned projects
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirement, and related specifications
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product and assembly
- Coordinates activities for implementation of approved engineering changes.
- Directs the us and analyzes the results of computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- Stronger with electrical side of things preferably
- 5+ years in product development and engineering support of mechanical and electromechanical components and their integration into a final product assembly
- Increasing responsibility with technical projects
- Ability to communicate efficiently
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.