We are the global leaders ini GPS technologies. We integrate a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions. Its integrated solutions allow customers to collect, manage and analyze complex information faster and easier, making them more productive, efficient and profitable.
Our systems are used in over 150 countries around the world and have employees located in 39 countries, coupled with a highly capable network of dealers and distribution partners serve and support our customers.
For over 40 years we have created unique positioning products that help customers grow their business. Our portfolio includes over 2,000 patents and serves as the basis for the broadest positioning offerings in the industry.
Be part of a team that is changing the world.
We are recruiting for an exceptional Positioning/Control Systems Engineer to fill an opportunity in Dayton, OH.
The Positioning/Control Systems Engineer is responsible for the hands-on design and implementation of real-time state estimation and control system solutions, which are integrated in the automatic machine control products for the industries we serve. To accomplish this objective the Positioning/Control Systems Engineer is responsible for the full lifecycle of the system development, including, but not limited to, system plant modeling, advanced position estimation solutions design, as well as feedback controls solution design, implementation, simulation, analysis, testing and on-machine validation.
Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, and within the established process framework, and demonstrating a set of fundamental controls, signal processing, advanced filter design and engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
Primary Duties :
- Full lifecycle development of control systems within the process framework established for the project. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Works with the project team, application domain experts and customers, to establish achievable requirements.
- Active participant in project management through identification of project goals, establishing useful milestones, task breakdown, and effort estimates to support project scheduling, project tracking, and change control decisions.
- Creates control system and estimation designs, and works with the engineering teams to implement and test those designs meet established requirements.
- Leads technical design reviews as required by the project framework.
- Maintains and archives design documents, models, source code, and other work products necessary for the project.
- As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing. Uses rapid prototyping and hardware in the loop tools to achieve these objectives.
- Other duties as required and requested by management.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in the full lifecycle development of real-time control system solutions
- Master's or PhD degree degree in Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Guidance Navigation and Control Engineering, or related disciplines is required
- Demonstrated experience of MATLAB / Simulink and Model-Based control system development
- Proven experience applying signal processing techniques, advanced estimation, and modern controls theory in developing real-time controls systems, including, but not limited to, digital filters design, Kalman filters, system identification, and nonlinear control
- Plant model development and validation. Including use of physical modeling tools to build the models, and leveraging system identification techniques to determine unknown model parameters
- Demonstrated experience in the acquisition and processing of data to support the analysis, testing and validation of the developed control system
- Must possess effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment, and effectively interact with a global team
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience with the software development of real-time embedded products
- Application of Inertial Measurement Units (IMU), Euler Angles and coordinate systems, and data fusing
- Familiarity with the design and development of real-time electro hydraulic control systems
- Experience with the development of guidance, navigation and control solutions in off-road environments
- Rapid Prototyping Systems (xPC)
- Knowledge of CAN and analysis tools such as CANalyzer or CANape
We are transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
The CTCT division develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance .
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.