endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Join a Global Leader and help develop next gen “brain of interior vehicle systems”
Lead Platform Architect - Embedded Software
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
ClimateSenseTM is the first microclimate system in the automotive industry with superior comfort personalization and energy saving capabilities. An enabler technology for electric vehicles and for world-class comfort in any vehicle. The Lead Platform Architect will be leading the transition of this strategic product into a highly scalable software platform for rapid innovation and easy customer deployment. Ultimately this role will result into building a state-of-the art platform development team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design the target software architecture for Comfort and Wellness vehicle system utilizing a combination of embedded and model-based design.
- Define platform concept to enable high standardization as well as customer specific customization.
- Define the deployment strategy into a distributed ECU vehicle architecture.
- Define software tool chain and process for effective and agile development from controls development to vehicle deployment.
- Lead and coach software architects and developers. Build a platform development team.
- Lead architecture reviews.
- Ensure implementation follows the defined architecture
- Assignment of system requirements to subsystems and components
- Analyze and optimize architectural design based on target
- Work with systems engineering and application engineering leaders on the overall vehicle system architecture.
- Break down the target state architecture into executables phases and deliver early results in an agile development environment.
- Be the evangelist for state-of-the-art software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as embedded software architect.
- Expertise in embedded software design and development.
- Experience with state-of-the-art development methods.
- Track record of executing an architecture from idea to production.
- Embedded C/C++ development toolchain
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in software product strategy and life cycle management
- Knowledge of software industry “best practices”
- Agile Development methodology (SCRUM)
- Implementation of Automotive bus communication (LIN, CAN)
- Good communication and customer interface skills
- Setup general rules and guidelines for design and development
- Experience with in-vehicle control software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Gitlab CI/CD Dev Environment
- Experience with AUTOSAR architecture and specification
- Experience developing and debugging in a real-time, embedded environment with a variety of CPU architectures and low-level drivers for microcontroller peripheral interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB, ADC, I/O
- Working knowledge of OEM or Tier1 development process
- Experience with ISO26262 and functional safety implementation.
- Experience with development of thermal systems.
TRAVEL: Less than 10%
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.