Lead IT Business Analyst - eChannels - 22224
Location: Vancouver (2910 Virtual Way)
Duration: 1 year
KEY ATTRIBUTES OF CANDIDATES:
- Demonstrated experiencing collaborating with senior managers to elicit requirements, draft solutions, interface with developers, and support testing in major IT systems development projects
- Technical grasp to understand engineering terminology and principles, with an ability to translate technical language into business language, taking steps to resolve any ambiguities
- Readiness to work non-standard hours via conference bridge, WebEx and other technologies to perform all senior business analyst duties in collaboration with project team members in India, China, UK, and Latin America.
- Knowledge of global financial systems and capability to act as a Lead BA on projects up to USD $500,000, with ability to lead up to four contributing intermediate workstream BAs, if required.
High-Level Summary of the Role
- Perform business analysis duties including eliciting and managing requirements, drafting specifications, outlining test cases, and providing functional testing support for questions relating to clarification and/or interpretation of requirements.
- Develop requirements work plans and milestone schedules, including effort and duration estimates for business analysis tasks, for alignment with the overall project plan, demonstrating flexibility and resourcefulness in meeting challenging timelines.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and IT delivery teams, located in centres across the globe, and throughout the project life-cycle to ensure traceability of requirements through design, testing, and delivery of applications into Production.
- Advise business on the feasibility, suitability, and benefits of various solution approaches based on consultation with subject matter experts, and with reference to business priorities.
- Drive best-practices in the evolution of requirements through to solutions by taking into account such criteria as quality deliverables, time-to-delivery, cost-benefit analysis, and long-term cost-efficiency.
- Work closely with testing teams by reviewing test results and following up with appropriate subject-matter experts where questions arise regarding test results.
- Providing inputs to user-training initiatives and knowledge sharing with business stakeholders and within IT.
- Provide status reports and comply with other organizational standards relating to business analysis and requirements management.
- Flexibility and experience to work effectively in either a waterfall, iterative-incremental, or Agile methodology; and contribute to the team assessment of the most appropriate project methodology taking into account geographic distribution of teams, location of business stakeholders, degree of interaction with non-Agile teams.
- Wherever possible, the senior business analyst will prefer Agile ways of working such as self-organizing teams, individual interaction, adapting to changing requirements, faster delivery of working software, and contributing to continuous improvement.
Objectives and Methods
Facilitate delivery of system solutions that meet business requirements within the constraint of business-driven timelines in a highly competitive commercial environment:
- Elicit requirements using standard tools and formats and achieve business signoff
Analyze high-level business requirements and prepare detailed requirements
- Provide consultation to business with a focus on business priorities such as time-to-market, cost, functional flexibility, and risk appetite
- Demonstrate agility and ingenuity by adapting to changing requirements during the project lifecycle
- Provide walkthroughs of requirements to stakeholders
- Use appropriate communication tools to ensure and confirm that developers and testers have a clear understanding of requirements
- Assist testing teams with testing scope definition, testing strategies, and test scenarios
- Work with external service providers and vendors, when required, ensuring appropriate knowledge sharing and coordination
Develop solutions compliant with global regulatory standards, internal compliance requirements, and relevant risk management directives:
- Identify risks, perform analysis, and recommend risk responses in the course of requirements management
- Comply with internal standards including FIMs, GSMs, and circulars to ensure recommended solutions are aligned with established business practices
- Understand business principles and code of conduct, ensuring fairness to customers is at the heart of everything we do
- Understand the Senior Business Analyst’s within the Three Lines of Defence
- Demonstrate excellence in stakeholder management by using appropriate techniques to ensure stakeholder engagement and by using relevant communication skills
- Understand the role, responsibilities, priorities, and focus of each of the stakeholders and develop engagement strategies
- Exhibit competence and professionalism, taking into account varying cultures, norms and expectations within our global eChannels community
- Use available techniques to assess quality of stakeholder engagement, such as feedback requests, checklists, and formal stakeholder analysis techniques to ensure continuous growth and improvement
- Operate with a view to adding value through organized, concise, relevant, timely, and accurate contributions to the knowledge database:
- Participate in knowledge sharing and take action to stay informed of system evolution
- Contribute time and energy to initiatives that the benefit the business analyst community
- Actively seek to expand knowledge and professional effectiveness by reading relevant journal articles and attending professional events
- Mentor intermediate and junior business analysts and demonstrate leadership within global forums, with a target to develop a “personal brand” as subject matter expert within one or more knowledge domains