Job Title: Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer in Southeast Houston near Baytown.
About the Opportunity: Our client, a global producer of elastomeric materials used extensively in healthcare and consumer applications, is expanding its manufacturing plant near Baytown and is seeking a Lead Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer.
What You'll Do:
Business is good, and this plant is booming! Currently running at 100% capacity and sold out on product, it will soon be expanded to more than double its current capacity!
In this hands-on Maintenance role, your contribution will be to plan, organize, and implement procedures to improve the Maintenance and Reliability of the plant's electrical distribution and instrumentation equipment. This includes developing new and refining existing Preventative Maintenance plans & PM checklists, and developing detailed work plans to produce high-quality job packages for corrective & preventative maintenance work requests.
As the Lead E&I Engineer, you'll also manage and train the E&I technicians, provide ongoing coaching and evaluation, assist with planning and scheduling of technician work orders, and provide troubleshooting assistance.
Advancement: Looking for a path to management? That's available! You'll be first in line for the Maintenance Manager's position due to an upcoming retirement.
If you want to work in a close-knit, family atmosphere where everyone knows each other and there are good opportunities for recognition and advancement, you'll feel right at home.
The Background, Skills, and Experience You'll Bring:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 7-10+ years chemical plant Maintenance experience
- Hands-on plant experience in developing and implementing Preventative Maintenance procedures for electrical conversion and distribution equipment including substations, transformers, switchgear, protective relays, as well as plant instrumentation and PLCs
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Skilled in troubleshooting and proactively identifying opportunities for improvement, and proposing solutions
- Previous supervisory experience, with strong leadership & coaching skills
* Please note: All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
How To Apply: Please click on Apply at right. Thank you!
* Currently employed and considering a change, but concerned about confidentiality? We take it seriously. All information furnished by candidates is held in strict confidence. If you are qualified, we will contact you for further discussion and obtain your permission before referring your resume to our client.