Title: Lead Cook
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Lead Cook to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, salads, and other food items for cooking in broilers, sauté, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served in conjunction with the chef.
- Work with Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef to understand and prepare new menu items.
- Create and assemble meat, vegetables, cheese and fruit platters as needed.
- Store and record leftovers and discuss use with manager.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Ensure that sanitation standards are maintained. Clean and assembles equipment after each use.
- Other duties as assigned with classification. Required to abide by all health codes mandated by the health department.
- Must adhere to department policies & procedures.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years experience in kitchen preparation and cooking, with an understanding of proper food handling and safety.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation standards, and culinary fundamentals (i.e. knife skills, HACCP, methods of cooking, etc.
- Must be proficient in English, both written and verbal.
- Walking: The ability to exert a reasonably paced mobility from one point to another within a generally accepted time frame. Must be able to recognize the conditions of the environment. Must have the ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Bending: Must have the ability to move and control one’s torso so items can be picked up from a lower surface level.
- Reaching: The ability to stretch the body and extend arms to place or secure objects and commodities at a distance above, to the side of, or below the normal standing level.
- Lifting: Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to use body parts, usually arms and hands (shoulders and back) to elevate an object or commodity above its previous surface level.
- Repetitive Movement: Ability to use body parts on a regular and continuing basis to repeat the same motions for a reasonable period of time without resting.
- Stooping: Ability to flex legs at the knee and move the upper body forward. Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.