The primary function of this position is to provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews.
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
- Perform project level design, debug and performance analysis.
- Responsible for the development and production support of enterprise application utilities and models to include publishing, best practices and guidelines for supported technologies.
- Work with vendors and product management areas to establish required infrastructures and frameworks.
- Provide solutions to solve business and technical needs.
- Perform product evaluations, and Proof of Concepts'.
- Provide architectural strategy and subject matter expertise in the following areas (dependent on knowledge and expertise): WEB Technologies Development platforms (.NET, J2EE, COM, COBOL, CICS, IMS) User and B2B Interfaces Web Service design Application Integration Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, ETL, RDBMS Middleware technologies Document Composition and Forms technologies Document, Imaging and Web Content Management Print technology support Transaction design (OLTP, Batch, etc. Component Based Design Operating Systems Office/Productivity Suites ERP Systems Performance Engineering Networks, Telephony
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Experience managing others preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Support research and formulation of assigned areas of strategy, partnering with Cybersecurity stakeholders
- Research and defined existing external landscape affecting assigned areas
- Define existing and required capabilities
- Partner with stakeholders to formulate roadmaps that provide required capabilities taking into account Travelers risk appetite, cost/budget, LOB direction in order to arrive at a cohesive approached strategy
- Active communicator with the ability to drive decisions/change
- Establish Cybersecurity architecture patterns across various Cybersecurity disciplines.
- Perform Cybersecurity solution discovery in assigned areas to propose strategy capability needs as a total solution, taking into account service requirements, cost, proposed staffing
- Perform solution design to support implementation of approved, proposed solutions and partner with Cybersecurity staff who will provide build and on-going support of design
- Provide LOBs and other internal customers with cybersecurity guidance to their questions and collaborate to provide required security solutions to satisfy LOB or Enterprise needs
- Support technology review and exploration to help support Travelers technical governance processes. This role includes partnering with other SMEs within Cybersecurity as well as LOB architects in support of their initiatives.