Layout Inspector (1st Shift: 5:00am to 1:30pm)
United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Layout Inspector. Reporting to the Layout Supervisor, the Layout Inspector is responsible for providing precision measurement services for castings and fixtures comparing them to customer specifications and requirements, plus manufacturing requirements. He/ she works measuring the parts, understanding resulting data, and effectively communicating the results. The shift operates from 5am to 1:30pm.
- Perform First Article Inspection on aerospace castings to drawing, specifications and customer requirements using CMM, Laser Scanner and blue & scribe methods.
- Report inspection results on form AS9102 and customer sites.
- Inspect and report production castings for conformance to drawing requirements.
- Evaluate casting conditions and assist production on in-process inspection methods.
- Assist engineering and other departments on inspection and drawing interpretation as required.
- Inspect casting features using hand held tools such as Calipers, Vernier’s etc.
- Evaluate castings with dimensional issues to determine RCCA.
- Continually improves inspection processes and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in inspection or metrology
- Casting inspection experience preferred, but not necessary
- Drawing interpretation skills required including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Strong knowledge of using precision hand tools, gages, calipers, micrometers, etc.
- CMM operating and programming experience strongly preferred
- Must be very detail oriented
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)