Title: Latino Entrepreneurship Research Analyst
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Research Analyst to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
● Assist in designing and analyzing surveys, exercising independent initiative and judgment gained from completing a variety of high level assignments, including planning and coordinating research protocols and cleaning raw data.
● Merge collected data with large data sets (i.e. Census, ASE, SBO).
● Collect and analyze data on consumers, competitors and the marketplace
● Use data mining and/or web scraping as necessary to collect information
● Interpret, synthesize, and analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
● Solve problems, and make decisions that affect the direction of the research and result in independent contributions to the overall project.
● Support in large database development and ongoing database management
● Select and apply standard calculations and formulas independently to compile data or process documents; often serve as a resource for research methods and numerical analyses.
● Experience working with diverse populations
● Command of written and spoken Spanish
● Familiarity with SQL databases, survey tools (Qualtrics), and a programming language.
● Substantial experience and understanding of at least one statistical computing environment, such STATA or R.
● Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
● Good knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.).
● Working knowledge of data warehousing, modeling and mining
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.