Competitive compensation and hybrid work environment
- Help shape the future of the company and grow the business!
- Company – a global leader in lime and limestone solutions
- Vibrant company with robust project portfolio
You are a seasoned project manager of complex projects from prefeasibility through all development phases, as well as overseeing construction and commissioning. You see the bigger picture yet are inquisitive and can dig into the details. You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity. You have a sense of urgency and a drive to execute on projects. Help shape the future of the company and grow the business!
Company is a global leader in lime and limestone solutions. Lime is a versatile industrial chemical that is key to vital industrial processes and applications and is an essential element for addressing a multitude of complex environmental challenges.
Based in either our corporate headquarters in Canada or our regional office in United States, this position will research, assess, analyze and evaluate large capital projects intended to grow the business and to develop them into viable projects, staffed with the appropriate resources from inside and outside the company, and within our established project governance framework. Our large projects can in some cases take years to progress through initiation and development, so remaining flexible and maintaining drive are important.
Leadership of large capital projects in support of Company’s strategic objectives includes:
- Project concept development and feasibility including project definition and initiation, market assessment, competitiveness assessment, geology assessment, permitting strategy, preliminary cost estimates and preliminary business case
- Project planning phases including technology selection, engineering sufficient for permit preparation, air modeling, permit submission, updated key assumptions and updated business case
- Project capital approval process including detailed engineering, full business case and justification including risk analysis, and capital proposal; and
- Project execution phase including overseeing construction, commissioning and handover.
Capabilities and attributes about yourself to be successful in the role:
- A technical or business degree
- A proven track record managing capital projects or programs with a cost of $20M or more, ideally for 10+ years.
- English fluency required; proficiency in Spanish desirable
- Proven decision-making skills based on experience, critical analysis and judgement
- Has a sense of urgency to drive projects forward and a high level of self-drive and initiative, is comfortable working independently with minimal direction
- Proven ability to deal well with ambiguity and can make sense of uncertain and changing variables
- Proven organizational and planning skills with the ability to select, direct and allocate internal and external resources as required
- Comfortable building internal and external networks, can reach up and down through the organization to get input and advice as appropriate; encourages the expression of viewpoints and perspectives from all team members
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally when required