Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Labourer with FLT
- Full Time
- 42 hours average per week - working 12hours shifts, days and nights
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To maintain a clean and safe environment on the shop floor/yard and to ensure FLT’s are fit for purpose and the site is secured
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To ensure self and other people are working in a safe and environmentally friendly environment (e.g. spills clean up, vigilance on equipment safety)
- To check FLT’s are fit for purpose and ensure check sheet is updated. To carry minor remedial work (e.g. top up fluids) and to report any deviations to Line Manager
- To check the perimeter fences are secure and to report to Line manager if not to effect repair
- To check tyre / water / brake fluid on FLT’s
- To maintain office & shop floor toilets in a good working order
- To move palletised materials to point of use, unload contents, remove pallets, break up and place in skip for disposal.
- To ensure Swarf compactor extraction unit is regularly inspected and empties as required.
- To ensure that general waste bins for shop floor are emptied as required
- To ensure hazardous waste bins are emptied and put into the respective waste containers and to inform the Line Manager when waste containers are full to enable the arrangement for disposal.
- To remove oil from Verson drip tray to prevent overflow and slip hazards
- To maintain clean shop floor walkways using appropriate floor cleaner
- To ensure Hoover is in good working order and fit for purpose
- To ensure yard area is maintained to company wide 6S standards at all times
- Remove weeds & litter from Front & Side Car park
- To provide an offload and load up operation of parts to the machines as required by the machinists using over cranes.
- To ensure raw materials in the yard are suitable covered and weather proofed
- To collect spars from stores and to load up with parts and deliver to the required location according to the production schedule.
- To ensure the waste metal skips contain the correct waste and to escalate to Line Manager if they do not.
- Basic Education
- Fork Lift Truck Licence
- With moving long/heavy loads on FLT
- Team Player
- Good Communication
- Self motivated
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!