Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Labour Relations Specialist at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Reporting to the Director of HR, the Labour Relations Specialist will be responsible for providing counsel, guidance, and support to line management on a full range of employee relations matters.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide counsel, guidance, and support to line management on a full range of employee relations matters;
- Work closely with Company and Union representatives in the administration and negotiation of the Company’s Collective Agreements;
- Responsible for the recruitment activities related to skilled trades positions;
- Assist line management with the implementation of policies, procedures or other initiatives to enhance the overall effectiveness of the Company’s operations;
- Work directly with cell leaders and line management to solve problems and to take proactive measures to avoid problems relating to employee relations matters;
- Identify and develop employee relations initiatives compatible with Company strategic plans and goals to contribute to the effective management of the Company’s employee resources.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years prior experience in a Labour Relations focussed position within a unionized environment
- Post secondary education and/or certification in the area of Labour Relations
- Working knowledge within the areas of industrial relations, recruitment, health and safety, benefits, communications and applicable Human Resource related legislation is essential.
- CPHR accreditation or eligibility for accreditation will be considered an asset.
- Computer literate with strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.