St. Louis, MO
A leader in the laboratory sciences and molecular genetics diagnostic testing is currently seeking a Laboratory Supervisor in St. Louis, MO. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of current experience working in a molecular genetics diagnostic laboratory setting and 3 years of management experience in a laboratory with high complexity testing.
About Our Client:
- AIM Labs was one of the first labs designated by the State of Missouri to provide COVID-19 testing.
- They operate a growing company based on truthfulness while offering a wide range of laboratory services.
- AIM Labs has conducted more than 300,000 COVID-19 tests for urgent care facilities, healthcare providers, long-term care facilities, employers, and patients.
- AIM Labs offers quality testing methodologies with rapid turnaround time and support from a dedicated team of scientists and researchers.
- Operated in St. Louis, MO, with a diverse culture including great schools, great healthcare, food, music, events, and more!
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Supervisor
- Responsible for consultation with representatives on testing required to meet their scientific objectives and subsequent translation of protocol requirements into validated laboratory operating procedures and implementation of those procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining areas/activities in inspection-ready conditions.
- Responsible for training new employees.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory of lab reagents and lab supplies.
- Guide the development, validation, and implementation of new assays. Provide input for new test validation commitments.
- Establish and keep validation commitment dates.
- Responsible, as assigned, for direct oral and written communication with customers concerning ongoing testing and testing feasibility.
- Required to participate in sponsor visits/audits.
- Responsible for ensuring that all procedures/processes meet CLIA/CAP/HI State requirements and adhere to all regulatory requirements to include CLIA, CAP, and applicable GLPs.
- Required to monitor and/or respond to internal reports (including responses to QA, proficiency test responses, and external audit findings) are completed within acceptable time frames as requested.
- Required to serve on committees such as Laboratory Safety Committee and other associated laboratory-focused activities and accept associated assignments.
Requirements of the Laboratory Supervisor
- 3 years of management experience in a laboratory with high-complexity testing required
- 5 years of experience in the laboratory, life sciences, CRO, or pharma company with high-complexity testing is required
- Ph.D. is preferred
- A Master’s Degree is required
- ASCP certification preferred
- State licensure preferred