Laboratory Manager - MT
Plans, supervises and coordinates activities of the hospital clinical laboratory and services performed in associated clinic laboratories. Assures that medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians and laboratory assistants are appropriately qualified and effectively perform all phases of test order entry, specimen log-in, testing, resulting, in accordance with CLIA, other federal and state guidelines. Assures that adequate instrumentation, policies/procedures, supporting materials and equipment, including computerization, are available to carry out day-to-day functions in an efficient manner, while ensuring quality patient results. Provides both technical and administrative leadership in communications with providers, nursing and clinical support staff.
- Supervises the overall operation of the laboratory. Assists with selection, development and implementation of new policies and procedures applicable to the different processes of the lab.
- Reviews workflow to provide optimal staff coverage
- Monitors and signs all laboratory quality records, identifies quality control problems and works with department personnel to resolve them
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement indicators.
- Trains/orients new employees in the theory and procedures of the laboratory.
- Establishes and maintains inventory of lab supplies; assists in the recommendation and justification of capital expenditures.
- Responsible for oversight and documentation of the laboratory performance improvement program according to both C.A.P accreditation standards.
- Assists in the coordination and scheduling of Clinical Laboratory Services with other Hospital Departments and Medical Staff for maximum utilization of resources and maintenance of quality care.
- Ensures daily statistical data, census balancing and bill auditing are properly documented.
- Directs lab operations when the Director of Lab is out.
- A minimum of 2-year supervisory position preferably as Laboratory Supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years MT experience.
- Must possess a valid ASCP / AMT
To learn more please contact.
Recruiter / Healthcare Specialty Practice