This is an exciting opportunity to join Magellan Aerospace. In the position, you will operate a range of machinery and conduct analysis.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Perform routine spectrographic analysis of magnesium & aluminum alloys.
• Machining test bars using lathe and perform tensile testing
• Operate lathe, milling machine, band saw and drill
• Learn and operate special application software programs for tensile & spectrometer
• Must be okay working in dusty, loud, environment with temperatures ranging from 35 degrees in the Winter to 120 degrees in the Summer.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English, bilingual a plus
• Must be computer literate
• Must be able to work overtime when needed, especially at month end.
• Must have good attendance record
• Must be able to pass math exam with basic problem solving
• Must be detail oriented
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.