This is an exciting opportunity to join Magellan Aerospace. In the position, you will operate a range of machinery and conduct analysis.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Perform routine spectrographic analysis of magnesium & aluminum alloys.
• Machining test bars using lathe and perform tensile testing
• Operate lathe, milling machine, band saw and drill
• Learn and operate special application software programs for tensile & spectrometer
• Must be okay working in dusty, loud, environment with temperatures ranging from 35 degrees in the Winter to 120 degrees in the Summer.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English, bilingual a plus
• Must be computer literate
• Must be able to work overtime when needed, especially at month end.
• Must have good attendance record
• Must be able to pass math exam with basic problem solving
• Must be detail oriented
• As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law